Sunday, April 26, 2015

You are yourself..... But really are you.......????

Hey all,

This post is based on my recent experience. An experience in which my sister helped me realize a very important thing which I never even was aware of.

How many of you are a part of a group where there is someone whose life is so fabulous(or they really show like it is, and I bet you, they are very good at that) that you always wish your life was like that too? I am.

And I admit, I wasn't even aware I was thinking that way, and subconsciously trying to be like them. Basically I am an introvert person. I am most comfortable with not sharing my each and every daily routines with everyone. This too my sister helped me realize.

But UNFORTUNATELY!!!!. Yes I can not stress it anymore. Unfortunately I am a part of a group where not one but two people are so obsessed with sharing each and every detail of their life and trying to show how fabulous their life is. Initially, I was consciously influenced by them and did try to be like them. But I soon realized I am not like that and shied away from much interaction. But lo and behold, I got sucked into it all over again.

I started behaving like them subconsciously I was not even aware of it. And it became so much important for me to be like them, be one of them, being liked and accepted by them. This reminds me of the movie Mean Girls and yes, it doesn't only happen in high school.

And I would just leave my daily routines to chat with them. Somehow, subconsciously my aim in life was to project my life to be just as fabulous as their's.

But there were times when I was less than perfect. Since I have a bit of psychological history, at times I am not in one of my best moods. And my behavior on those times gave them a perfect excuse to tell me, "Dear we love you and care about you, but you are really sick!!!!". Reminds you of the 'Plastics' from Mean Girls? Yes it does.

And unfortunately, again, since my self esteem was based on their approval, it all shattered when they said something like this. I started behaving even more irrationally than I would have normally. I started becoming something I am not, at all.

Its like they were mentally controlling me. They could put me to the top of a mountain with just a 'Wow! It's so awesome!!!' and bury me deep in the ground by saying 'Oh my God, that's nonsense!!!'.

Why did I let me being controlled by such 'Plastics'. Why did I become that way??? Why did I gave all my power to them??? And also, who is to blame? Them, Me, or WhatsApp.???

Anyways, I guess no use blaming anyone for that. All I need to do is some damage control. Best way is to stay away from WhatsApp as much as I can.

Please remember to be yourself. Don't get influenced by the 'Plastics'. Just like the movie, their life is not so good as they project themselves. Most importantly, don't even bother about that, most important is to focus on yourself and yourself alone. It is okay not to be in a good mood. Nothing is wrong with that. Do not let them say it is sick. You have an amazing life yourself and you have got a perfect opportunity each second to make it even better. Do not let anyone take that away from you. You are good just as you are. Do not let anyone tell you anything other than that. And please do not turn into 'cold, hard, plastic' if you know you are not.


No comments:

Post a Comment