Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Back to Nature... Back to Yourself....


A rose from my rose plant photographed by me.

Hello Everyone,

I wish you a very Happy Winter, Merry Christmas...

Christmas is always been very cheerful to me. Holidays, winter, sitting at home eating warm home cooked food and watching Christmas movies all day with family. Unfortunately I am married now and live in another city so can't do so. But even the memories of it makes me cheerful and warm.

In India, especially where I stay, there is nothing much in Christmas except someone dressing up like Santa comes to distribute chocolates. But I would love to visit some place where Christmas is celebrated properly and want to experience it once.

But my today's topic is different from Christmas, or festivals or holidays. Its about being in touch with your true self. Who am I?

Does that question ever come to your mind? Who am I? Am I really someone who is this person who runs behind achievement, success, maintaining relations, etc.? If so, why am I not comfortable or happy doing so? If this is not me, who am I exactly?

Trust me I am not suggesting that achievements in life are not important. But is that life is all about? Look around yourself and not with the same view of achievement and competition. Look around nature. Look at flowers and leaves and plants. They are so beautiful. They do their job of growing and withering and again growing so effortlessly. So why do we have to fill our life with so much effort, pressures, anxieties, etc.

The things which have to be done in your life will happen at their time. Yes we have to do our efforts and work but not with stress and pressure. And at times go into nature, it is really a good way to get in touch with your real inner self and reflect on what we actually want from life and how we have to achieve it. Take out time to do what makes you feel good, gardening, cooking, photography, etc. which helps you enjoy and be at peace. They are as important as the other things in life. Make time for yourself. Just 'Be' at times instead of 'Doing' all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment